LeJ leader Malik Ishaq Detained in Jail

Malik Ishaq

A photo of Malik Ishaq addressing a press conference on February 22

 

MULTAN: Top leader of the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Malik Ishaq was detained for one month on Friday, Express News reported.

Ishaq was earlier detained in his house, however since the Quetta bombing that killed 113 people on February 16, the police have detained him in the Rahim Yar Khan district jail. Before being detained, Ishaq held a press conference and declared the Quetta bombing a government failure. Denying any role in the terror attack, Ishaq said every time the Hazara community is attacked, LeJ is wrongly blamed.

Meanwhile, Interior Minister Rehman Malik wrote to Punjab government to act decisively against the LeJ so that terrorist attacks on Pakistan’s Shia minorities could be prevented in the future. Malik added that action against the banned outfit will also be taken in Karachi and Balochistan. The interior minister insisted that security agencies have carried out successful operations to curb terrorist activities in the country, with 31 people belonging to various banned outfits having been arrested so far.

Earlier, The Supreme Court took suo moto notice of the latest Quetta bombings and issued notices to the Balochistan Advocate General, Muhammad Abdullah Khan Kakar and the  Attorney General of Pakistan on Monday.

This court notice followed public calls from political and religious organizations including Pakistan-Tehreek-I-Insaf (PTI) and the  Majlis-e-Wehdat-e-Muslimeen (MWM), which called for placing Quetta under army control so that targeted operations against the terrorist masterminds of this attack be undertaken.

Earlier, The president and prime minister were asked to submit a response through the attorney general. The Supreme Court also had summoned the Balochistan home secretary, Frontier Constabulary (FC) Commandant and Quetta police chief to appear before it at the on February 21 to explain what steps were taken to avert the attack.

The Attorney General of Pakistan Irfan Qadir submitted a report on behalf of federation of Pakistan and requested the court to consider it a response from President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf. Qadir requested to keep the report confidential.

The Quetta police have denied being cautioned about the second attack on the city’s Shia Hazara community, telling the Supreme Court on Thursday that no ‘specific’ information was shared with them by intelligence agencies.

Saturday’s blast occurred when a bomb packed inside a water tanker exploded. The water tanker was not checked even though there are two FC posts and a police post on the way to Hazara Town, the police officer said.

Meanwhile, an official, appearing on behalf of the FC Quetta commandant, submitted a report on the action the FC had taken on averting such terror incidents in the future.

Today (February 22) Law Minister Farooq H Naek said that governor’s rule in Balochistan will be revoked before March 14, Express News reported.

He added that extension order of governor’s rule was needed after two months from parliament’s giant session, but government had no intention of extending the order.

On Wednesday, Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira vowed that the targeted operation will continue in Balochistan until all the elements involved in terrorist activities were arrested.

پاسخی بگذارید

در پایین مشخصات خود را پر کنید یا برای ورود روی شمایل‌ها کلیک نمایید:

نشان‌وارهٔ وردپرس.کام

شما در حال بیان دیدگاه با حساب کاربری WordPress.com خود هستید. بیرون رفتن / تغییر دادن )

تصویر توییتر

شما در حال بیان دیدگاه با حساب کاربری Twitter خود هستید. بیرون رفتن / تغییر دادن )

عکس فیسبوک

شما در حال بیان دیدگاه با حساب کاربری Facebook خود هستید. بیرون رفتن / تغییر دادن )

عکس گوگل+

شما در حال بیان دیدگاه با حساب کاربری Google+ خود هستید. بیرون رفتن / تغییر دادن )

درحال اتصال به %s